You were a child forgot
lessons of love untaught
now no embrace, can quite replace
the one that never found you
— A Fine Frenzy, “Beacon”
So Who am I and why should you care?
According to my most-recent therapist, I don’t deserve help because I just haven’t tried hard enough and other people have it worse than me.
- I’m a 30-something trans-woman still trying to find my place in a world that hasn’t yet decided if people have value just for being people.
- I grew up poor, with emotionally absent/immature parents. Some day my story/autobiography will return in long form.
- As of January 2016 I’m homeless. This isn’t my first experience homeless though, my family was homeless a couple of times when I was a child.
- I’m the family black sheep/outcast, the sibling you never mention when people ask about your family.
- I’m not terribly girly, but honestly would love to learn more about fashion and beauty and explore that long repressed part of me.
- I’m a general tech nerd/enthusiast. I’ve dabbled in shell scripting, web design and development, graphic design, etc.
- Most recently I was trying to learn Swift; though this is complicated and largely academic until Apple releases a compiler for iOS since I no longer have a computer.
- I gravitate towards pretty much all things Apple, currently listing over the iPad Pro, Apple Pencil, etc. Waiting for version 2 or 3 of the Apple Watch though.
- I like to read, watch YouTube and twitch.tv and I write this fairly esoteric tech blog.
- I’m not a big fan of modern TV but some of the recent shows I’ve enjoyed are: Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Grimm, Doctor Who, Top Gear, NCIS, Halt and Catch Fire, The Expanse.
- I never finished breaking bad…
- I hope to move to the Pacific Northwest some day (sooner the better) ideally Seattle, but am open to other areas with good public transit and wonderful overcast climate.
- I’m a moderate coffee snob; Kalita Wave, gooseneck kettle, burr grinder, and fresh beans = heaven.
- This morning (12 March, 2016) I brewed Ethiopia Yirgacheffe from Happy Mug Coffee.
- I add half & half to my coffee, even if it’s sacrilege. No sugar/sweetener though.
- I have a cat, an orange tabby named Aslan, nicknamed P.I.T.A. Accordingly he’s a bit of a jerk (he eats fabric on occasion) but he also lets me swaddle him, so he gets away with it.
- I’m a decent cook, though I tend to rotate through a handful of simple staple dishes.
- I was an overweight/fat kid, but got in shape in my twenties, so now I’m deathly terrified of gaining weight again. I tend to think of food more as fuel than as fun/a hobby.
- I’m a fan of low-carb/keto and paleo style diets/lifestyles, but it’s not set in stone. I’m curious about trying to reconcile that with vegetarian and vegan diets some day, but currently I still eat meat, eggs, cheese, etc.
- I want to be useful to someone. I want to help someone else to be the best possible person they can be. At the same time, my hopeless romantic days are long gone.
- Disneyland will forever hold a special place in my heart, even if the constant price increases have made it impractical to visit these days.
- I spent a lot of time camping and hiking as a kid, so that passion continues today. Let’s do something crazy like hike the Pacific Crest Trail (in stages though, not all at once.)
- I’m running out of things to say…. pictures of coffee and cat here: https://imgur.com/a/SrIEg
As of 2016, this blog is written, edited and maintained entirely on iOS devices.